Monday, October 1, 2007

Blasts from the past and new "blasts"!

Mike and I managed to blow the dust off a few "oldies" and got in some good gaming the previous weekend! We also worked in two of his new games: Colosseum and Anima: The Shadow of Omega. Actually, Colosseum is a 3 to 5 player game, but we pulled it off with just the two of us. Of course, there are facets of the game that we couldn't really experience without the minimum, but it was still COOL!! I really see a lot of potential in this game! Ed, you will enjoy this one for sure! It wasn't as hard to understand as I thought it would. Everything makes sense and the theme is quite cool. As for Anima, it was really fun as well! I'm looking forward to playing it again soon! It just needs more cards though. I could see it getting boring after too many plays. Anyhow, we also played some Memoir '44 ( he whooped me good in the next scenario ), Taj Mahal and Heroscape. Hehehe, Mike's gonna never live this one down Ed! You gotta hear this! He actually forgot to use an elephant card after I withdrew early in a province! He didn't get the resources for that province and I got a good laugh out of it. Not to mention, it cost him the game too! We were only 2 points in difference at the end and his mistake cost him 5 points! Ahhh, good times! Heroscape was a blast too! We played the scenario a little wrong, but it was a great battle nonetheless. We agreed that we need to play Heroscape more often. Well, I'm gonna wrap this one up! Oh, Mike, you need to play that one disc when your woman is over! Give her some "Thug" love bro!! Hahaha! Later!

7 comments:

Mike David said...

I want a rematch on Taj you jerkweed!! I should have won!

Mike David said...

Oh by the way, I like how you have you links to the games that you are mentioning. Clicking on the name of the game is way better than pasting in the actual address. I think I will try and steal that idea for my blog. Thanks!

Also, what I do with the music you gave me is none of your beeswax!

Scott said...

You bet! I'm ready for a rematch! Actually, I stole the idea of links from Ed if I remember right. Have at it!

Ed said...

Yep, Ive been doing that all along (making names into links)anyhow, I havent blogged lately, I will soon tho, I have been working out the kinks of transfering files from old computer to NEW AWESOME COMPUTER ha ha.

Ed said...

I can't wait to try Colosseum, that games looks awesome. also speaking of Heroscape, I saw the Marvel set at walmart the other day, I was SOOOO tempted to buy it, but I'm going to try to refrain because I know it will be having expansion after expansion just like Heroscape. but I gotta tell you, the Idea of playing HS with superheroes sounds very cool. if eithjer of you guys buy this one,count me in on trying it out, the base set is only $24.95

Scott said...

I asked Mike if he were interested in the Marvel stuff, but I can't remember what he said. However, I think he said you can't play the Marvel pieces with the others. I'm not sure. Ask Mike. But, to tell you the truth. I really like all I've seen so far.We could play it for weeks ( or months ) and never have a similar game with what he has. That's cool!

Mike David said...

Yeah I will be buying the Marvel stuff, and yes there is an expansion in the works for the marvel set it seems to be a small one as it will only have 8 more figures.

I have read that you could theoretically play with the marvel stuff in the regular Heroscape game but there would be some balance issues. Apperantly the Marvel guys are more powerful, I wonder if that could be corrected by adjusting their point value in the regular game. I guess we'll see.