Monday, October 29, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Once again, I took a little too long to make a new post. I've been having a hard time trying to get in the right frame of mind to sit and type out stuff lately. Oh well, at least I have had some fun in our gaming sessions recently! Mike and I made a trip up to see Ed and Sheila a little while back. We played many games and had a great time! The games varied greatly! Games such as: Caylus, Shogun, Yspahan, Power Grid, Colosseum, Arkham Horror and a surprising favorite of Ed's, Thurn & Taxis: Power and Glory! I know we played other games as well, but damned if I can remember them right now! Geez! I'm losing my mind! Anyhow, I would like to make it up there one more time this year, but who knows? Mike and I dug out Fury of Dracula last weekend ( in honor of Halloween! ) and had a great time with a great game! Sorry Ed, but it is a great game! This coming weekend I will be taking over another spooky favorite of ours, Betrayal at House on the Hill! Other spooky, themed games that I highly recommend are: Fearsome Floors and Last Night on Earth, The Zombie Game.

I've been listening to a lot of progressive music lately! I get on these kicks from time to time. Some of my favorite bands of late are: Ozric Tentacles, Porcupine Tree, Opeth ( older stuff was more Death Metal! ) Riverside, Symphony X , Devin Townsend ( Devin is GREAT! ) and Frank Zappa! I know, I'm not talking about games! But, those who know me know that music is my first passion in this world. Gaming is damn close! Not to mention, they go hand in hand as far as I'm concerned! Kinda like smoking and drinking! Haha! Music and gaming...my drugs of choice!

Time to wrap this one up! I just want to mention games that have caught my eye and I will more than likely OWN soon! Cuba, Felix: The Cat in the Sack and another Carcassonne expansion entitled, Abbey & Mayor. Until next time...keep playing and having fun!

2 comments:

Mike David said...

Arrrg!! Don't ye be forgettin that we played Pirates Cove matie! That was a fun one. A lot more intense they I imagined such a simple game could be.

Scott said...

I also forgot Attika too.